How to Make It
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Drain. Heat a medium skillet over medium. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cumin and garlic; cook 1 1/2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Partially drain black beans. Place beans and remaining liquid in a small saucepan; stir in chipotle chiles and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and jalapeño; toss to combine.
4. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, and cabbage; toss well.
5. Spoon rice mixture into shallow bowls. Top rice with bean mixture, tomato mixture, cabbage mixture, cheese, and avocado.
Also appeared in: Cooking Light, November, 2021,Plant-Based Recipes