How to Make It
1. Cook wild rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set rice aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange tofu slices, cut side down, on a layer of paper towels; top tofu with another layer of paper towels. Top with a baking sheet and place a heavy object (such as a plate or bowl) on baking sheet to press tofu. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Place pressed tofu, chickpeas, oil, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt on a baking sheet; toss to combine. Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until tofu is golden and crispy around edges, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring mixture and flipping tofu halfway through cook time.
4. Meanwhile, stir together tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
5. Spoon wild rice into bowls; top with baked tofu, chickpeas, cucumber, and tomato. Drizzle with tahini sauce; sprinkle with mint.
Also appeared in: Cooking Light, November, 2021,Plant-Based Recipes