How to Make It
1. Remove the skin from the potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes. Stir in the salt, bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft enough to pierce easily with a fork.
3. Strain in a colander and allow it to sit undisturbed for at least 5 minutes. This will allow excess water to drain away.
4. Transfer the potatoes and butter to the mixing bowl for a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on a low speed for 2 minutes. (This can also be done by hand with a whisk.)
5. Switch to the whisk attachment and scrape the sides to remove any lumps.
6. Heat the cream in the microwave for 15 seconds. Gradually stream it into the bowl on the lowest speed; then whip on medium for 2 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Freeze leftovers; reheat with a splash of milk.