How to Make It
1. Combine chicken, cornstarch, 11/2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sherry in a medium bowl. Stir until cornstarch is no longer visible. Add 1 teaspoon oil and stir until chicken is lightly coated.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons broth, vinegar, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon sherry in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed carbon-steel wok (or a 12-inch stainless- steel skillet) over high. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Push onion mixture to sides of pan and add chicken in an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, until chicken begins to brown, about 1 minute. Sprinkle evenly with chili powder. Stir-fry chicken until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add bell pepper and remaining 1/4 cup broth; cover and cook 1 minute. Uncover and stir pepper mixture, then return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, along with reserved broth mixture. Season with salt, and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Remove garlic cloves, if desired.
5. To serve, spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf. Dollop each with 1 teaspoon yogurt and 2 teaspoons diced mango. If desired, garnish with avocado and cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
Also appeared in: Cooking Light, February, 2022,Carb-Smart Recipes