Here's What's Cooking: It's Gonna Be May
News you need, plus a friendly reminder to not forget about mailing that Mother's Day card.
If you're reading this, it's not too late—get that card in the mail for mom, because Sunday is Mother's Day. It's that special day every May when we really hone in on the maternal appreciation, showering moms with love, recognition, and of course, a card we hopefully didn't purchase the day before at CVS.
We've rounded up the following articles with mom in mind, plus a few other things you need to know.
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!
FOOD NEWS YOU NEED NOW
- Can't be in the same place as mom, but want to make her feel special from afar? Host a virtual brunch she'll love. (BETTER HOMES & GARDENS)
- Dad, if you're reading this, take the kids outside for a couple hours and let mom have the house to herself. Here are 18 fun games you can play outside to keep the kiddos occupied while the maternal unit enjoys a nice, quiet bubble bath. (PARENTS)
- Give mom the gift of undivided attention this Mother's Day. Read this article titled "Scientists Have Discovered How Our Brains Know When We Need to Pay Attention," and then put that new study into practice. (MARTHA STEWART)
- Need a gift idea? Here are 20 that Martha Stewart herself would give. (MARTHA STEWART)
- Didn't find what you were looking for over on Martha? Try these 30 from Southern. (SOUTHERN LIVING)
- Still no? Well, what mom doesn't love a good cookbook? (ALLRECIPES)
- Want to teach mom a new kitchen trick? Check our homepage on Sunday for a beautiful, easy guide to making homemade pasta.