Here's What's Cooking
Oh, good! You made it. Chef Dog worked his magic.
Welcome to Here's What's Cooking on April 16, 2021!
Consider this your first installment in a new weekly source of information for your stomach, mind, and more. We'll aggregate stories or content that we think you, our readers, will find topical, helpful, or humorous.
Yes, we'll mainly stick to food. Expect to see pertinent information about recent food recalls, nutritional studies, and even some recipes from sister brands you might want to try. But also expect to see useful content about pets, holidays, kitchen products and projects, and anything else that might enrich your mind or give you the warm and fuzzies.
And, of course, Chef Dog will be here every Friday, beckoning you with his adorable face and amazing recipes (word on the street is he studied under Remy). So there's that.
Have a great weekend!
FOOD NEWS YOU NEED NOW
AROUND THE KITCHEN
- Ready to do some spring cleaning, but don't want to use harsh chemicals? Behold, this amazing reference guide containing natural cleaning solutions for every room in your home. (REAL SIMPLE)
TREAT YO SELF
- What happens when you combine the sparkling, bubbling bottled majesty that is Topo Chico mineral water with booze? Four new flavors of alcoholic seltzer to sip this summer. Say that five times fast. (SOUTHERN LIVING)
- Mother's Day is Sunday, May 9. If you still need to get a present for a special mom in your life—but aren't sure what to gift—the editors over at Shape have you covered. (SHAPE)
- Walking is the most popular fitness activity in America. Shake up your daily walks (or start them) via these 7 easy ways to get the most out of your movement. (REAL SIMPLE)
PLANT THE EARTH
- Earth Day is next Thursday, April 22. If you have a toddler or preschooler, here are six fun activities you can do with them to mark the occasion. (PARENTS)
CATS & DOGS
- If you have a pet that won't eat their food, Chef Dog says this article helps explain why they might not be eating—plus what you can do about it. (MARTHA STEWART)
- Turns out, dogs aren't just allergic to your excuses about work—"ZOOM MEETING NOT IMPORTANT HUMAN, THROW ME THE BA—OH, SQUIRREL!" They can actually be struck with seasonal allergies, too. Find out how to prevent that. (SOUTHERN LIVING)