Meghan Markle’s Kale Salad Recipe Is Mediterranean Diet-Friendly
It’s no secret we love stumbling upon recipes from Meghan Markle’s old food blog, The Tig, and her Mediterranean Diet-friendly kale salad might just be our new favorite. The Duchess of Sussex is passionate about healthy eating and, even though she’s a royal, she still loves to cook for her loved ones. We can just imagine her whipping up this refreshing salad for her and Harry after a long day.
Meghan Markle’s Kale Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of kale
- Salad Dressing, see below
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (roasted, optional)
- 8-10 dried Turkish dates, chopped
- 2 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved or coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek thyme honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- De-stem the kale leaves and slice into long strips. Set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a salad bowl and whisk together.
- Add kale, dates, and almonds to bowl and combine.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy!