Meghan Markle’s Kale Salad Recipe Is Mediterranean Diet-Friendly
Her simple salad dressing is one you’ll want to use all week long.
It’s no secret we love stumbling upon recipes from Meghan Markle’s old food blog, The Tig, and her Mediterranean Diet-friendly kale salad might just be our new favorite. The Duchess of Sussex is passionate about healthy eating and, even though she’s a royal, she still loves to cook for her loved ones. We can just imagine her whipping up this refreshing salad for her and Harry after a long day.
Meghan Markle’s Kale Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of kale
- Salad Dressing, see below
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (roasted, optional)
- 8-10 dried Turkish dates, chopped
- 2 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved or coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek thyme honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- De-stem the kale leaves and slice into long strips. Set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a salad bowl and whisk together.
- Add kale, dates, and almonds to bowl and combine.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy!