Sweet Endings: Pie
Three-Plus Days Ahead
• Up to 1 month ahead, make the pie dough. Form a ball of chilled dough for one crust and press between two large sheets of Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap. Use rolling pin to roll the dough into a large flat round between the two sheets. Seal the edges of the two sheets to form air-tight wrapping. Freeze. For a two-crust pie (such as apple), repeat.
2 Days Ahead
• Transfer the crust from freezer to refrigerator to thaw overnight.
• If making apple pie: Peel and slice apples, immediately transfer to a container filled with cold water and ½ cup lemon juice to thwart browning. Cover securely with Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap to keep apples crisp and refrigerate.
• Measure dry pie filling ingredients such as sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon and store, at room temperature in a tall entrée sized GladWare® container.
One Day Ahead
• Bake pie(s) according to recipe directions. Cool completely. Cover tightly with Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap to keep fresh and refrigerate.
• Remove pie from refrigerator at least 3-hours prior to mealtime to bring to room temperature, remove Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap. Serve and enjoy!