Here at Cooking Light, we're all about convenience. Bluntly speaking, we're obsessed with make-ahead breakfast recipes. All prep can be done over the weekend! Once you freeze these burritos, you'll have five days worth of breakfast. Just pop these bad boys in the microwave and head out the door. That's right—no fuss in the morning and an extra 15 minutes in bed. You are very welcome!
Ingredients2 tablespoons olive oil1 large onion, diced2 medium potatoes, diced8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced1 medium sweet pepper, diced1/4 cup yellow corn kernels3 tablespoons fresh chive, chopped1/8 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon black pepper10 large eggs, lightly beaten5 large low-carb, whole-wheat tortillas (such as Mission)1/3 cup spinach1/3 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan, or Monterey Jack)
Preparation1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onions until tender and starting to brown. Add potatoes; cook for 5 minutes, or until fork tender. Add mushrooms, peppers, and corn; sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside in a medium bowl.
2. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook eggs 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft scrambled and beginning to set, stirring frequently. Remove from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
3. In the same nonstick skillet, warm the tortilla 1 minute on each side, until they are golden brown (or burnt, if that’s your style).
4. Place 5 tortillas on a work surface. Split the hash evenly, and divide eggs over top. Add spinach leaves to each serving and top with cheese. Roll up, jelly-roll style.
TO FREEZE: Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and foil; place burritos in a large plastic freezer bag. Store for up to 3 months.
TO HEAT: Unwrap burritos; rewrap with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
SERVES 5 (serving size: 1 burrito)CAL 301; FAT 11.3g (sat 2.9g; poly 4.7g; mono 0.8g); PROTEIN 10g; CARB 42g; FIBER 15g; CHOL 8mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 499mg; CALC 82mgMore Quick Breakfast Ideas:
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Banana Breakfast Burrito
- Grab-and-Go Breakfast Recipes
- 12 Smart Ideas for Breakfast on the Go
- Healthy Muffin Recipes