Five on Friday: Gearing Up for Summer with our Bloggers' Connection
Join us each month as we round up our favorite seasonal posts from the Cooking Light Blogger Connection.
This month’s theme is warm weather eats, and these produce-centric recipes show off the best of the season.
1. Strawberry, Jicama, and Jalapeño Confetti Salad: Fresh fruit, jalapeño, cilantro, and jicama are tossed in a light lime dressing to create the FitFork's salad. Serve it as a side, use it as a salsa, or pair with seared scallops for a fresh summer meal.
2. Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Herbs and Cheese: Grilled zucchini slices are filled with creamy goat cheese in The Way to His Heart's cute party appetizer. Not a fan of zucchini? Try 'em out with eggplant.
3. Grilled Veggie Portabella Mushroom Pizzas: Hearty portabella mushrooms stand in for pizza crust in these veggie-packed bites from Teaspoon of Spice. The melty mozzarella cheese has us coming back for seconds.
4. Zucchini and Grilled Onion Galette with Pesto and Ricotta: Calling all vegetarians! Sweet grilled onions mingle with fresh zucchini and artichoke hearts in Brunch N' Cupcakes' freeform galette.
5. Summer Peach and Tomato Caprese: Juicy summertime peaches star in this caprese salad, which is lightly dressed in a honey vinaigrette. WeekNightBite says she licked the plate clean—and we're pretty sure we'll be doing that, too.