This season, there’s no need to stress or spend hours in the kitchen. Serve our ridiculously easy chocolate bark treats at your next party or wrap it up beautifully for your friends. No one can resist this made-with-love dessert.
Running short on time? Batches and batches of our addictive S'mores Chocolate Bark will be ready in a flash.
S'mores Chocolate BarkAs it gets colder, we yearn for those long summer nights by the fireside, when it's acceptable to stuff your face with copious amounts of marshmallows. To cure your sunny day withdrawals, pillows of perfectly browned marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers sit atop a devilishly delicious dark chocolate base. After one bite, you’ll be yelling, “Gimme s’more!”
Using a dark (72% cacao) chocolate brings an intense, not-too-sweet, almost fruity flavor to this bark. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, substitute bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate.
Ingredients1/3 cup marshmallows1/4 cup graham crackers7 ounces dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
1. Create mise en place: Make sure you have everything you need—prepped ingredients and equipment—ready to roll before you start cooking. You'll need 7 ounces of dark chocolate, 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers, and 1/3 cup marshmallows. As far as equipment goes, you'll need a microwave-safe bowl and a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
3. Spread it thin: Pour melted chocolate into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Spread to 1/16-inch thickness.
4. Broil and Brown: Set a new favorite holiday tradition—let your little helpers top this gift-worthy bark. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers and 1/3 cup marshmallows. Preheat the oven to BROIL and toast the bark for one minute, or until the marshmallows acquire a beautiful light brown touch.
5. Cool and serve: Freeze 5 to 10 minutes to set. Break bark into 15 pieces (about 1 ounce each) and serve!
Serving Size 1 piece (1/15th of pan)CALORIES 77 FAT 5.1g (sat 3.1g, mono 1.6g, poly 0.3g) PROTEIN 1g CARB 9g FIBER 1g CHOL 0mg IRON 1mg SODIUM 8mg CALC 7mg
More Chocolate Bark Ideas: