Five on Friday: Game of Thrones or Mad Men?
Each Friday, we share five things that are getting buzz around the Cooking Light offices—from what we’re reading around the Web, to what’s hot on Instagram, or even our latest favorite ingredient.
1. How does your garden grow? We've got spring gardening on the mind lately, and apparently we're not the only ones. Yesterday, the White House Kitchen Garden was planted for the fifth year in a row. Their harvest will be enjoyed by the First Family, their guests, and donated to local charities. Read more at Students Join First Lady Michelle Obama to Plant the White House Kitchen Garden.
2. What's in your cupboard? NPR's Morning Edition is offering help for those weird foods in the back of your cupboard (you know you have some). Learn more about the Cook Your Cupboard project and submit your pantry items.
3. What's your Sunday night drink of choice? Ommegang's Game of Thrones Lannister-blonde (ale) beer? Or a CL twist on a Don Draper-worthy Fizzy Old-Fashioned. As for me, I'll be drinking—I mean watching—both.
4. Celebrity chef-obsessed? Check out TheBraiser.com.
5. Cast your vote! Vote for all your favorite foodies: restaurant, coffee shop, chef, magazine (hint, hint), and more in the Munchies People's Choice Food Awards. Cast your vote daily, now through April 30th. We'd love your support!
What are you reading, watching, drinking, planting this week?