Five on Friday: Fruit Recipes with our Bloggers’ Connection
Join us each month as we round up our favorite seasonal posts from the Cooking Light Bloggers' Connection.
This month’s theme is fruit, and we're sweet on these delicious summer recipes.
1. Tequila Watermelon Refresco: This boozy summer refresher from The Way To His Heart calls for the zesty tang of lime, which perfectly complements freshly-squeezed watermelon juice. Serving 6, a pitcher of this punch will serve as a cool sip on a warm summer's day. Bottoms up!
2. Blueberry, Asparagus and Spinach Salad: This simple salad from The Healthy Apple bursts with flavors that suit the tastes of celiacs and vegetarians alike. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and it's a great way to highlight produce from your local farmers' market.
3. Strawberry & Balsamic Chicken Pizza: Ditch the tomato sauce—with a base mixture made of berry jam and sriracha, Real Kids Eat Spinach's pizza is unlike any other you've ever tried.
4. Zesty Fruit Salad with Coconut Milk and Basil: Lime, basil, and coconut! Oh my! This fruit salad from The Roasted Root makes a light, healthy starter, or can be served on its own.
5. Cherry Clafoutis: This French dessert from Bacon and Souffle is not your typical cake. Spongy and sweet—one bite is all it takes for you to add this to your favorites list. Bon appétit!