Fast Food Survival Guide for Summer Road Trips
Planning on hitting the road for the holiday weekend or for a summer vacation? Before you throw everything in the back of the car and skip town, you'll need to prepare for what you'll eat along the way. After all, who wants to arrive to their destination exhausted from traveling and stuffed from all the burgers and fries eaten along the scenic route? While it's true that it may be hard to eat healthy at drive-thrus on the Interstate, you don't have to succumb to the temptation of greasy and fatty foods. Whether you're in the driver or passenger's seat for your next road trip, you can buy healthy and affordable meals during pit stops at your favorite fast-food joints.Panera Bread
- Breakfast: Egg White, Avocado & Spinach Breakfast Power SandwichCal: 400, Fat: 13g, Sat Fat: 6g, Sodium: 650mg- Lunch: Half Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT on Sourdough Cal: 270, Fat: 11g, Sat Fat: 2g, Sodium: 480mg- Dinner: Whole Classic with Chicken Salad (no vinaigrette) Cal: 300, Fat: 13g, Sat Fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 320mg- Snack: Fresh Fruit Cup Cal: 60, Fat: 0g, Sat Fat: 0g, Sodium: 15mgMcDonald’s
- Breakfast: Fruit & Maple Oatmeal Cal: 290, Fat: 4g, Sat Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 160mg- Lunch: Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken (no dressing) Cal: 330, Fat: 11g, Sat Fat: 4g, Sodium: 920mg- Dinner: Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich Cal: 360, Fat: 6g, Sat Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 960mg- Snack: Strawberry Flavored Low Fat Yogurt Tube Cal: 50, Fat: 0.5g, Sat Fat: 0g, Sodium: 35mgChick-Fil-A
- Breakfast: Multigrain Oatmeal, with dried fruit, cinnamon brown sugar, and roasted mixed nuts Cal: 290, Fat: 10g, Sat Fat: 1g, Sodium: 60mg- Lunch: Grilled Chicken Sandwich Cal: 320, Fat: 5g, Sat Fat: 2g, Sodium: 800mg- Dinner: Grilled Market Salad (no vinaigrette) Cal: 200, Fat: 5g, Sat Fat: 2g, Sodium: 570mg- Snack: Medium Fruit Cup Cal: 50, Fat: 0g, Sat Fat: 0g, Sodium: 0mgSubway
- Breakfast: 6" Flatbread with Ham, Egg White, Spinach and Tomato Cal: 300, Fat: 7g, Sat Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 920mg-Lunch: Double Chicken Chopped Salad (no dressing) Cal: 220, Fat: 4.5g, Sat Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 490mg- Dinner: Veggie Flatizza Cal: 410, Fat: 17g, Sat Fat: 8g, Sodium: 850mg- Snack: 1 Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Cal: 200, Fat: 8g, Sat Fat: 3.5g, Sodium: 130mgWendy’s
- Lunch: Grilled Chicken Wrap Cal: 270, Fat: 10g, Sat Fat: 3.5g, Sodium: 730mg- Dinner: Half Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad Cal: 230, Fat: 8g, Sat Fat: 2g, Sodium: 630mg- Snack: Apple Slices Cal: 35, Fat: 0g, Sat Fat: 0g, Sodium: 0mgTaco Bell
- Lunch: Fresco Grilled Steak Taco with Lettuce & Pico de Gallo Cal: 150, Fat: 4, Sat Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 440mg- Dinner: Fresco Burrito Supreme with Chicken Cal: 390, Fat: 12g, Sat Fat: 4.5g, Sodium: 1090mg
*Not only can members of the Cooking Light Diet enjoy delicious homemade meals straight from the kitchen, but they can also eat at popular restaurants when using our full Dining Out Dos & Don’ts Guide.
*Members following the Cooking Light Diet, on average, lose more than half a pound per week.
More on Eating Healthy While Traveling and Dining Out: