Homemade Holiday Candy: Cranberry-Pistachio Chocolate Bark
This season, there’s no need to stress or spend hours in the kitchen. Serve our ridiculously easy chocolate bark treats at your next party or wrap it up beautifully for your friends. No one can resist this made-with-love dessert.
Running short on time? Batches and batches of our addictive Cranberry-Pistachio Chocolate Bark will be ready in a flash.
Cranberry-Pistachio Chocolate BarkThe best way to spread Christmas cheer is making bark for all to share. This festive snack lends satisfying texture in every bite. Studded with ruby-red cranberries and flecks of pistachios, it's a gorgeous addition to any cookie tray or gift box.
Using a dark (72% cacao) chocolate brings an intense, not-too-sweet, almost fruity flavor to this bark. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, substitute bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate.
Ingredients1/3 cup dried cranberries1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped7 ounces dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
1. Create mise en place: Make sure you have everything you need—prepped ingredients and equipment—ready to roll before you start cooking. You'll need 7 ounces dark chocolate, 1/3 cup dried cranberries, and 1/3 cup shelled and chopped pistachios. As far as equipment goes, you'll need a microwave-safe bowl and a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
4. Spread it thin: Pour melted chocolate into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Spread to 1/16-inch thickness.
5. Top it off: Set a new favorite holiday tradition—let your little helpers top this gift-worthy bark. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and chopped pistachios.
6. Cool and serve: Freeze 5 to 10 minutes to set. Break bark into 15 pieces (about 1 ounce each) and serve!
CALORIES 92 FAT 6.2g (sat 3.2g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.5g) PROTEIN 1g CARB 10g FIBER 2g CHOL 0mg IRON 1mg SODIUM 0mg CALC 9mg
More Chocolate Bark Ideas: