Making Lunch More Fun with the Cooking Light Diet
We’ve assembled a task force of staff from our Birmingham offices, which include sister brands Southern Living, Coastal Living, MyRecipes, and Oxmoor House, to try the Cooking Light Diet for 3 months and blog about it. Here’s what they’re saying.
I never liked lunch. To me, eating lunch is like being stuck on Boring Island between the glory of a sweet breakfast and dinner’s savory redemption.
It’s difficult enough to get excited about usually rushed and painfully monotonous meals. But it’s even more challenging to eat clean when all I want in a mid-day pick-me-up involves some version of chocolate.
The Cooking Light Diet is helping me through my lunchtime slump. I find that the Diet is all about pre-planning, a key step in maintaining any healthy lifestyle. It also gives lots of great options that keep me away from mindless snacking or out of a test kitchen-induced sugar coma. Here are some tips and tricks that help me to escape the lunchtime blues:
1. Get a GREAT lunchbox. My coworkers would tell you that I have borderline-unhealthy obsession with my lunchbox. I cannot tell you, though, how much something so seemingly small brightens my day.
2. Use this GREAT lunchbox to pack and plan a healthy lunch ahead of time. I’ve been getting some wonderful lunch ideas from my Cooking Light Diet menu. And my favorite snacks are nuts and seeds, both of which this plan incorporates.
3. Decide what’s worth deviating from your diet for. A slice of Raspberry Pie made fresh by our test kitchen chefs? I’d pick that over a Twix bar any day. But if you don't have a test kitchen nearby, the Cooking Light Diet gives plenty tasty options to curb any lingering sweet tooth.
*Members following the Cooking Light Diet, on average, lose more than half a pound per week.
More Cooking Light Diet Success Stories:
- Trading Meal Planning for Wedding Planning with the Cooking Light Diet
- Mom Starts Cooking Light Diet for Son, Finds There’s Something In It For Her, Too
- Arizona Woman Chooses Cooking Light Diet, Family Loses Over 130 Pounds