Desserts for Two: Coconut Banana Split
A romantic dinner for two can be as simple as steak, roasted asparagus, a side of whole grains, and a delicious glass of something red and sumptuous. So when it comes to dessert, your options should be just as tempting and delicious. Here's the problem with desserts, however: Most of them serve eight or more. While that's great for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's not ideal for Valentine's Day. After all, it's just you and your bae. You need a dessert that's as special and unique as the two of you. This week, we'll share all of our favorite desserts for two.
Enjoy this banana split for two together! Get super romantic and craft this dessert with your significant other. Then dive in while watching a movie, chatting in front of a fireplace, or swinging on your front porch. Mix things up with your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt if you and your sweetie prefer chocolate over vanilla.
Coconut Banana Split
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup quinoa cereal flakes
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat frozen topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 maraschino cherries
1. Split banana down the middle lengthwise and put in a serving bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread quinoa flakes in an even layer. Toast for 8 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Stir together cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Spray toasted quinoa flakes with coconut spray and dust with powdered sugar mixture.
3. Assemble the banana split: Top banana with frozen yogurt, topping, coconut flakes, and cherries. Serve with two spoons.
Serves 2 CALORIES 208; FAT 5g (sat 3.7g, mono 0.2g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 4g; CARB 40g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 24g; CHOL 8mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 47mg; CALC 64mg