5 on Friday: Cool Down with Frozen Treats from Our Bloggers' Connection
Join us each month as we round up our favorite seasonal posts from the Cooking Light Bloggers’ Connection.
Ice, ice baby! This month’s theme is frozen treats, and it's time for you to chill out with these cooling desserts.
1. Sweet Appeal Frozen Drink: Loaded with fruity deliciousness, this smoothie from The Way To His Heart blends strawberries, bananas, and oranges for a classic, creamy combo. After all, few things are as refreshing as a mix of exotic and tropical summer fruits.
2. Rum Raisin Coconut Milk Ice Cream: Inspired by the beloved Häagen-Dazs flavor, The Roasted Root created a boozy concoction that's made with both coconut milk and pure maple syrup so it's much healthier than the store-bought version. One spoonful is pure proof that alcohol and ice-cream are meant to be together. Forever.
3. Raspberry Coconut Popsicles: These 3-ingredient pops from In Sock Monkey Slippers are so ridiculously easy to make—and did we mention down-right delicious? Because they sure are!
4. Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream Sandwiches: One bite is a taste of nostalgia. Recipe Renovator revamped your childhood favorite to be both grain-free and dairy-free. Bonus: There are recipe swaps for vegans!
5. Double Chocolate Macadamia Ice Cream: Eating healthy doesn't mean having to skimp on flavor. Cook Eat Paleo's frozen treat is dairy-free, egg-free, and refined sugar-free, yet it's packed with addictive chocolatey, nutty goodness.
More Cool Sweets: