Spicy Sambal Chicken and Pineapple Spring Rolls
Delightfully simple to prepare, these spicy no-cook wraps make for a quick lunch or light dinner. Combining chili-flavored rotisserie chicken with sweet pineapple makes for a world of contrasting flavors.
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 8 ounces plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek chili paste
- 4 thin slices fresh pineapple, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 brown rice wrappers
- 8 sprigs cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce, for serving
Whisk together rice vinegar, sugar, salt and sesame seeds. Toss with broccoli slaw and set aside. Toss shredded chicken with chili paste and set aside. Toss pineapple with lime juice and set aside.
Prepare the spring rolls: Fill a shallow dish with warm water. One wrapper at a time, dip front and back into the water and set on a cutting board. Fill center with 1 pineapple slice half, 2 tablespoons broccoli slaw, 1 ounce chicken, and 1 sprig cilantro.