Salmon Tartine with Beet and Fennel
Being a no-cook recipe doesn't mean you have the skip on the fanciness. Channel your inner French food connoisseur with this fresh spin on a tartine. Earthy beets combine with fennel, which adds notes of anise to the dish, for a unique flavor that will bring you back for more. When buying ingredients, be sure to choose sustainably harvested salmon.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced (reserve 1 teaspoon fennel fronds)
- 1 small beet, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup prepared hummus
- 4 whole grain wasa crackers
- 1-6 ounce can sustainable salmon, drained
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and mustard seeds. Toss fennel with dressing and let marinate 10 minutes. Toss gently with beet.
Spread hummus evenly on wasa crackers and top with equal amounts beet and fennel mixture, reserving any remaining dressing.
Toss salmon with remaining dressing and top each cracker with 1.5 ounces salmon. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.