Pineapple-Coconut Dessert Cup
We're giving the one-cup summer dessert an upgrade with a bit of Hawaiian flair. The result? A tropical dessert that fits the clean eating bill and uses just 5 ingredients.
Maple syrup stands in for refined sugar, light coconut milk creates a cool, creamy layer, and crushed macadamia nuts provide the crunch factor instead of a streusel or crumbled cookie topping.
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped macadamia nuts
How to Make It:
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange pineapple on grill; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until well marked. Remove from pan; cool. Coarsely chop. Combine syrup, rind, and juice in a bowl. Add pineapple; toss.
- Combine coconut milk and yogurt in a bowl, stirring vigorously with a whisk. Place half of pineapple in the bottom of a small mason jar or juice glass. Top with 1 tablespoon nuts, half of coconut milk mixture, remaining pineapple, remaining coconut milk mixture, and remaining nuts. Drizzle any remaining syrup mixture over top. Garnish with additional pineapple and lime rind, if desired.