Peach Crisp in a Jar
Peach crisp, the perennial summer dessert classic, takes jar form in this recipe. It's also no-bake and endlessly adaptable: Try any stone fruit or berries in place of peaches, any nut in place of pecans, and any frozen yogurt or sorbet you like.
Peach Crisp in a Cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add pecan mixture; cook 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Combine peaches, water, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes or until peaches just begin to break down, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Spoon 1/4 cup frozen yogurt into a small mason jar. Top with half of pecan mixture and half of peach mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with fresh diced peaches, if desired.