1 Grocery List, 3 Healthy Dinners
Shop this list to feed four for three nights, all for about $30. Read the recipes first to be sure you have the staples on hand.
- 2 (5-oz.) pkg. arugula
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (2-lb.) butternut squash
- 1 lemon
- 1 (12-in.) prebaked thin whole-grain pizza crust
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted chickpeas
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Unsalted tomato paste
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. precooked quinoa (such as Simply Balanced)
- 1 (32-oz.) container unsalted chicken stock
- 11/2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 (7-oz.) container plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 (8-oz.) sirloin steak
Dinner One: Arugula Pesto Pizza
Wide ribbons of fresh butternut squash become tender while the pizza bakes, a colorful and faintly sweet contrast to the peppery arugula pesto.
Dinner Two: Steak Salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette
Italian salsa verde, a classic red meat pairing, turns into a quick vinaigrette for this entrée salad. One 8-ounce sirloin steak, thinly sliced, is all you need.
Dinner Three: Moroccan Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew
A well-stocked spice cabinet is key for this stew. Each serving packs nearly half of your daily fiber, essential for better digestion and weight control.