Frozen Breakfast Parfait Pops
What's not to love about these Frozen Breakfast Parfait Pops? They're kid-friendly, delicious, and easy to grab-and-go. Satisfying as a breakfast, these cool treats also double as a snack or dessert.
We have a serious love for Greek yogurt. The tangy-sweet flavor combined with the creamy, decadent texture opens the door to so many wonderful possibilities. We've tested, and perfected Homemade 4-Ingredient Frozen Yogurt and Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Bites and are quite smitten.
When it comes to nutrition, you get so much more bang for your buck with Greek yogurt, and you can customize it and sweeten it with natural ingredients to avoid processed, sugary additives.
We're back again with yet another Greek yogurt masterpiece. This time, it's portable, and 100% kid-friendly. Say hello to the parfait pop—great for breakfast on-the-run or a sweet protein-rich afternoon snack.
- Granola (use your favorite recipe or our recommended one below)
- 32 ounces 2% reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Heat syrup, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla in a saucepan over high heat, stirring until smooth. Add to oat mixture; toss to coat.
3. Spread oat mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 9 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Let cool.
1. Combine Greek yogurt and honey.
2. Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of granola into the bottom of each ice-pop mold. Next, spoon in some of the Greek yogurt mixture. Add slices of strawberries and blueberries on top of the yogurt mixture. To mix the berries into the yogurt, use the wooden pop stick and arrange the berries down in the molds. You can add a little granola in the middle of the pop as well. To get air out of the pops, swirl the wooden pop stick around the mold or gently tap on your counter. Top each mold with more Greek yogurt until each mold is filled. Place a stick in the middle of each pop; freeze 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 6 pops (Serving Size: 1 pop)
CALORIES 217 FAT 5g (sat 2.1g, mono .61g, poly .3g) PROTEIN: 16g CARB 28.7g FIBER 2.8g CHOL 10mg IRON .94mg SODIUM 148.4mg CALC 119.6mg SUGAR 17.6g