Berry Shortcakes in a Jar
One-jar desserts are an amazing thing. From frozen treats to streusel topped skillets to creamy tarts, almost anything can be put into a jar for a delicious treat. This recipe is a lovely, no-bake, easy-as-pie-in-a-cup dessert: berry shortcakes.
The recipe blueprint: macerated berries with basil and lemon, toasted cubes of angel food cake or pound cake, and light whipped cream. Swap out the berries with any fruit you like, or add a little sparking wine to the berry mixture. Enjoy!
Berry Shortcakes in a Cup
- 1/2 cup diced angel food cake
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons light whipped cream
How to Make It: