If you've yet to try our Overnight Apple Butter recipe, it's safe to say you're missing out on life. The beauty of this tried-and-true fall favorite? It's made in a slow cooker. Forget spending hours over the stove—just come home to serve your family some of the season's most vibrant flavors in this slow-simmered goodness. Not yet convinced? It's also fat free! This fall, savor one spoonful after another with our five new ways to use apple butter.
1. Spread: This sweet, rich apple butter is perfect for simply coating a warm slice of toast. An English muffin will do, too.
2. Soak: Ideal for cozy mornings, our Oatmeal Breakfast Jars could use a kick of spice. Add a tablespoon or two for a quick, comforting fall breakfast.
3. Top: Our 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes, Pumpkin-Almond Pancakes and Carrot Cake Pancakes are all seasonal and ridiculously delicious, but nothing compares to a stack of Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes topped with our delectable apple butter spread.
4. Replace: Similar to apple sauce, this spread can be used as a substitute for butter, eggs, and oil in baked goods to add a sweet punch and to bind your ingredients. Try it in cupcakes, cakes, muffins, breads, and cookies—you won't regret it!
5. Smother: It's no secret that pork, duck, steak, and chicken taste better when coated in fruit preserves. Our apple butter spread also serves as a savory pan sauce, melting into the meat and delivering a sweet glaze. A tasty option: Our Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sautéed Apples. Just wait for the oohs and aahs to begin.