8 Recipes That Deserve the Perfect Over-Easy Egg
Scrambled, poached, deviled, and hard-boiled eggs are all pretty great, but right now, we're crushing hard on over-easy eggs. This protein-packed breakfast only takes a few minutes to prepare and can be eaten alone or served over salads, sandwiches, and pastas.
If you're worried about high levels of dietary cholesterol found in eggs, don't be. Research proves that eggs can be included in a healthy diet. So, put your concerns aside and enjoy one of these eight mouth-watering meals, all worthy of a perfectly runny and fluffy over-easy egg.
1. Sunny-Side-Up PizzaWith spinach, red onion, garlic, and Parmesan, this 'za is a new and exciting take on breakfast for dinner.
2. Open-Faced Fried Egg BLT SandwichesThis version of the classic BLT boasts baby arugula, fresh tomatoes, and hearty slices of focaccia bread. Yes, please!
3. Minced Beef with Bok Choy and Fried EggFor a kick of spice and a pop of color, drizzle a few drops of Sriracha over the eggs right before serving.
4. Spinach, Egg, and Prosciutto FlatbreadsCooking the eggs in a separate pan, rather than on the flatbreads, gets these pizzas on the table in record time.
5. Potato Coins with Fried EggsFingerling potatoes are equally as good as hash browns and make the perfect accompaniment to fried eggs.
6. Grilled Asparagus with Fried Eggs and PancettaAsparagus and fried eggs are a classic combo for good reason—they're delicious together!
7. Asparagus, Ricotta, and Egg PizzaArranging the dough on a hot pizza stone or skillet will get the crust nice and crisp. But don't forget to keep an eye on the pizza after you add the eggs so they don’t overcook.
8. Open-Faced Sandwiches with Mushrooms and Fried EggsCremini mushrooms doused in white wine makes this breakfast beauty both savory and fancy.