6 Ways to Eat Vegetables for Breakfast
Starting the Day Off Right
1. Add frozen corn kernels to waffle, cornbread, or pancake batter.
2. Look out for corn English muffins in grocery stores. Top with peanut butter or make a mini sandwich with egg, tomato, and a slice of provolone cheese.
3. Try making a mini Southwestern omelet with leftover corn. Crack one egg in a pan; add corn, salsa, and avocado.
4. Make delicious muffins or cornbread ahead of time.
Veggies’ Best Friend
1. Finely chop spinach and add to scrambled eggs as they cook. Sprinkle in cheddar cheese and use as the filling for a small bagel sandwich.
2. Hardboiled eggs pair deliciously with sliced tomatoes. Try on top of crunchy toast.
3. Sauté a skillet full of onions, broccoli, shredded potatoes, or almost any veggie until tender; top with an egg and cover pan until egg is cooked.
4. Create your own frittata or try this one to the left.
Tortilla 3 Ways
1. Smear a tortilla with bean dip then add chopped or sliced tomatoes and shredded low-fat cheese. Warm the burrito in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese melts.
2. Layer a tortilla with avocado and Canadian bacon slices then top with fresh spinach.
3. Whisk an egg with a tablespoon of milk and microwave for 45 seconds on 60% power; place on tortilla and top with tomato and bell pepper slices.
4. Spice up your morning with this delicous breakfast taco recipe.
1. Pack peanut butter in a small container then dip with a mix of celery sticks, cucumbers, and apple slices.
2. Mix plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey as a dip with carrots and whole-grain pretzel sticks.
3. Hummus can be a wonderful dip for sliced fruit and veggies anytime of the day.
4. Try your hand at making your own dip, like this savory recipe.
1. Scoop salsa onto an English muffin topped with avocado and turkey bacon to make a hearty breakfast sandwich.
2. Sunny side up, scrambled, or hardboiled eggs and salsa are a classic combo.
3. Pile salsa on a breakfast burrito or leftover pizza.
4. Stack beans, cheese, veggies, and salsa like in this fast recipe.
Lunch for Breakfast
1. Make a veggie burger and tomato sandwich. Compare the labels of frozen veggie burgers for the choice that’s highest in protein and lower in salt and calories.
2. Top a turkey sandwich with bell pepper and cucumber slices.
3. Add shredded zucchini to your grilled cheese made with reduced-fat cheddar.
4. Try one of our highly rated sandwiches, such as this artisan turkey selection.