Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash with Chicken and Veggies
Not only is spaghetti squash a tasty addition to your day, but it's also a delicious way to incorporate veggies into mealtime in a variety of ways. Even if you've never even thought about eating a low-carb or gluten-free diet, this stuff is the real deal—tender, filling, and naturally sweet! From creamy-cheesy, to hearty-meaty this recipe is a play on the pasta classics with a spaghetti squash twist.
Spaghetti Squash with Chicken and VeggiesBrimming with fresh ingredients such as spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes, this low-carb dish packs in a punch of flavor and a hearty 21g of protein at only 225 calories per serving.
Ingredients:1 1.5 pound spaghetti squash2 tablespoons olive oil6 ounces fresh spinach1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced1 cup tomatoes2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halveskosher salt (optional)Black pepper2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbledPreparation
1. Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven according to these directions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Slice chicken, remove from the pan.
3. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 6-8 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted.
4. Combine chicken, with the veggie mixture.
5. Scoop about 1 cup of spaghetti squash and 1/2 cup of the veggie-chicken mixture per serving. Sprinkle with feta.
Serves 4CALORIES 225; FAT 11g (sat 2.3g, mono 5.9g, poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 21g; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; CHOL 59mg; IRON 2mg; SODIUM 208mg; CALC 103mg