This mellow, slightly sweet Caribbean condiment has been called the Jamaican ketchup. The blend of tomatoes, mangoes, raisins, tamarind, and cane vinegar makes an excellent marinade for grilled chicken and pork. Look for it on the international aisle.
- Combine 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces; ¼ cup Pickapeppa sauce; and 2 minced garlic cloves in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread chicken, 2 cups (1-inch) cubed mango, and 2 cups (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
Serves: 4 (serving size: 2 skewers)
CALORIES 218; FAT 3.5g (sat 0.7g); SODIUM 278mg