Step away from the oven. You can still make great pies without heat, added sugar or tons of butter. Feature fresh fruit of the season and no-bake toppers for an easy and fast dessert that will please any crowd.
We love how easily the topper for this No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie comes together: just thin a little strawberry jam with lemon juice and Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur), add fruit, and pile atop the creamy whipped filling and chocolate wafer cookie crust.
But, what if you don’t like strawberries, or they’re not in season? Here are 5 fun, fresh fruit toppers that you can sub for the strawberry mixture. Combine the first three ingredients, add the fruit, and toss to coat. Arrange on the pie and chill 30 minutes.
No-Cook Fruit Toppers for No-Bake Pies
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam, 1 tablespoon brandy, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 pound sliced ripe nectarines.
- 2 tablespoons grape or blackberry jam, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon water, and 2-3 cups halved seedless red grapes.
- 2 tablespoons plum jam, 1 tablespoon port, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 pound sliced ripe plums.
- 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon rum, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, and 3 cups chopped peeled ripe mango.
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, 1 tablespoon Chambord, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 cups sliced ripe peaches and 1 (8-ounce) container fresh raspberries.