Cauliflower Chickpea Sweet Potato Curry
“No fuss and no regrets” is my weeknight dinner motto. That’s why I love the slow cooker so much. To me, slow-cooker recipes and busy weeknights go hand-in-hand.
With protein-packed chickpeas, nutrient-rich veggies, and bold flavors of coconut and curry, this delicious, hearty stew rings in at less than 250 calories per serving. I serve mine over quinoa, but any whole grain would work great, or you could serve it alone.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can no-sodium-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup organic light coconut milk
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until aromatic. Transfer the onions and garlic to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Serve alone or over brown rice or quinoa.
Makes 4 servingsCALORIES 222; FAT 5.3g (sat 2.6g, mono 1g, poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 7.4g; CARB 38g; FIBER 8g;CHOL 0mg; IRON 2.3mg; SODIUM 535mg; CALC 92.4mg