You Can Make 9 Different Cookies With This One Dough Recipe
Why settle for one cookie variety when you can have nine (or more)?
This easy sugar cookie base is the perfect canvas to unleash your creativity with nine different festive and unique cookie varieties, each perfectly suited for the holiday season. From coconut-lime-macadamia to caramel popcorn, these cookie flavors are anything but basic. Make the dough ahead of time, and you'll be set when it's time to get baking.
The Ultimate Cookie Dough Base
1. In a large bowl, combine the following:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
3. Add 1 large egg to mixture; beat just until blended.
4. Blend in the following:
- 7.9 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
9 Cookies to Make With This Base
This no-fuss cookie dough can do it all. Beat the holiday rush by making and freezing the dough now. By sticking to this basic dough and using these creative add-ins, you can create an entire cookie tray full of different flavors without the hassle and hustle of making so many confections. And this time of year, we could all do with a little less hassle.
5. Rocky Road