- Cooking spray
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 6 cups cooked shredded skinless, boneless turkey breast (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 (14- x 9-in.) frozen phyllo sheets, thawed
- Calories 372
- Fat 12.6 g
- Satfat 5.3 g
- Monofat 3.6 g
- Polyfat 1.1 g
- Protein 34 g
- Carbohydrate 30 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Cholesterol 89 mg
- Iron 3 mg
- Sodium 560 mg
- Calcium 110 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Est. Added Sugars g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Coat 2 (8-inch) square baking dishes with cooking spray. Steam broccoli in a large saucepan 6 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in curry; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half and next 6 ingredients (through cheese).
Combine broccoli, turkey, carrots, and chickpeas in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese mixture. Divide turkey mixture between prepared baking dishes. Continue with step 5, or follow freezing instructions.
Layer 4 phyllo sheets on top of each other, brushing 1/4 teaspoon oil on each sheet before adding the next. Cut phyllo stack in half crosswise; arrange over one pan (halves will overlap). Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, oil, and pan. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans from front to back after 7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
How To FREEZE: Cool untopped dish completely. Cover with plastic wrap and heavy-duty foil. Freeze up to one month. THAW: Discard foil; pierce plastic wrap. Microwave at 30% power for 15 minutes or until thawed. REHEAT: Prepare one phyllo topper, and arrange over casserole. Bake as directed in recipe.