- 12 ounces whole-grain bread, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, chopped
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- calories 214
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 338 mg
- calcium 81 mg
- sugars 6 g
- Est. Added Sugars 2 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden, stirring after 10 minutes. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil; swirl until butter melts. Add mushrooms; cook 10 minutes or until browned and liquid evaporates. Add vinegar, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add mushroom mixture to bread cubes; toss to combine.
Return skillet to medium-high. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl. Add onion, celery, thyme, and garlic; sauté 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley, pepper, and salt. Add onion mixture to bread mixture; toss to combine.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Combine butter, stock, and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle stock mixture over bread mixture; toss. Let stand 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Spoon bread mixture into a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until browned.