- 1 pound (1-in.-thick) boneless, skin-on wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 thin red onion slices
- 1 cup firmly packed arugula
- calories 394
- fat 16.8 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 7.3 g
- polyfat 5.7 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 110 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 681 mg
- calcium 94 mg
- sugars 5 g
- Est. Added Sugars 4 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Place salmon, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Place panko, egg, shallot, capers, parsley, garlic, dill, lemon juice, smoked paprika, red pepper, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
Remove and discard salmon skin; place salmon in a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add to panko mixture. Using your hands, mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) patties (5 ounces each). Place patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, Sriracha, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Place salmon patties in skillet; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
Spread aioli evenly on cut sides of toasted buns. Top each bottom bun with 1 salmon patty. Top patties evenly with onion slices and arugula; cover with top halves of buns.