- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. tempeh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup silken tofu (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (1.9-oz.) whole-grain flatbread wraps (such as Flatout Flatbread Light Original)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- calories 333
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 4.8 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 722 mg
- calcium 137 mg
- sugars 3 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Slice tempeh lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Place tempeh slices in skillet, and cook until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, stir together 1/2 cup water, minced onion, soy sauce, rosemary, oregano, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl.
Add soy sauce mixture to tempeh in pan. Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Braise tempeh, turning occasionally, until liquid has mostly evaporated and tempeh has absorbed the flavors, about 10 minutes.
Process silken tofu and remaining 2 garlic cloves in a high-powered blender until smooth. Place in a bowl. Stir in cucumber, lemon juice, dill, vinegar, salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Divide tempeh evenly among flatbreads, and top each with about 2 tablespoons tzatziki. Divide onion slices and tomatoes evenly among gyros.