- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds small or medium sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 ounce finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces grated Gruyère cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 211
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 331 mg
- calcium 309 mg
- sugars 10 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; toss.
Add about 3 tablespoons milk to prepared pan. Arrange 1 layer of potatoes, shingle-style, over milk. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Repeat layers with remaining milk, potatoes, and Parmesan until pan is full. Top with Gruyère.
Cover pan with foil; bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake until browned and bubbly and knife slides easily through potatoes, about 30 more minutes. Cool for 45 minutes before serving.