- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup unsalted ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar, divided
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pouches precooked whole-grain brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 3 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- calories 479
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 4.1 g
- protein 41 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 178 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 636 mg
- calcium 38 mg
- sugars 16 g
- Est. Added Sugars 14 g
How to Make It
Place chicken thighs in a large ziplock plastic freezer bag; sprinkle with cornstarch, and seal. Shake bag until chicken is evenly coated. Remove chicken; shake off excess cornstarch.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Thinly slice green parts of green onions; set aside. Finely chop white parts of green onions; stir together with ketchup, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, and 1/2 cup vinegar in a medium bowl. Pour sauce over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or on LOW for 7 hours and 30 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken from slow cooker; cool slightly. Carefully remove bones from each thigh; discard bones.
Heat rice according to package directions. Stir together coleslaw, radishes, sesame oil, and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Divide cooked rice evenly among 6 bowls. Top evenly with coleslaw mixture and chicken. Drizzle with sauce from slow cooker; sprinkle with green onion slices.