- 2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces 93% lean ground sirloin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 whole-wheat slider buns, toasted
- 8 thin plum tomato slices
- 16 thin, small red onion slices
- 8 small romaine lettuce slices
- calories 284
- fat 13 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 631 mg
- calcium 135 mg
- sugars 4 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
Combine ketchup, mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
Place sugar, salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, beef, and garlic in a bowl; gently combine. Divide into 16 (3/4-ounce) balls; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 beef balls to pan; use a large offset spatula to press each portion into a 2-inch-wide patty. Cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Turn patties; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese. Cover pan; cook 30 seconds or until cheese melts. Remove patties from pan; arrange in stacks of 2. Repeat procedure with remaining beef balls and cheese.
Top each bottom bun with 1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup mix, 2 patties, 1 tomato slice, 2 onion slices, and 1 lettuce leaf. Cover with bun tops.