- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets, about 1 in. thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- calories 338
- fat 15.1 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 7.3 g
- polyfat 3.9 g
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 571 mg
- calcium 52 mg
- sugars 6 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes on one side or until golden brown. Place fillets, seared side up, on prepared baking sheet; bake at 500°F for 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Return skillet to medium-high. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and 1/3 cup basil; cook 2 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down. Stir in vinegar, and cook 1 minute.
Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; top evenly with tomato mixture and remaining basil.