- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkinseeds)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 189
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 5.5 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 25.5 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 335 mg
- calcium 40 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place sweet potatoes on a large jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning after 15 minutes.
Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil, cranberries, water, and honey in a saucepan. Remove 1 or 2 chiles from can; finely chop to equal 1 tablespoon. Add chopped chipotle and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce to pan (reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use). Place pan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Mash with a potato masher or fork until chunky.
Place pepitas in a medium skillet; cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently.
Combine potatoes, pepitas, onions, and cilantro in a bowl. Add cranberry mixture to bowl; toss gently to coat.