- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (dark green slices kept separate)
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- calories 367
- fat 16.2 g
- satfat 7.1 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 134 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 590 mg
- calcium 140 mg
- sugars 5 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add oil. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until just done. Place shrimp in a large bowl.
Add garlic and white and light green onion slices to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add to shrimp in bowl.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in vermouth, stock, cream, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring well. Increase heat to medium-high. Add pasta, shrimp mixture, cheese, parsley, 2 tablespoons basil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Place about 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture in each of 6 bowls; top with dark green onion slices.
Recipe adapted with permission from Back Pocket Pasta: Inspired Dinners to Cook on the Fly (Clarkson Potter).