- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked strozzapreti or mezze penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt (such as Maldon)
- calories 408
- fat 17 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 8.6 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 637 mg
- calcium 180 mg
- sugars 4 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine broccoli, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and crushed red pepper on a baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until broccoli is charred and browned in spots, stirring after 15 minutes.
Bring a large saucepan filled with water and remaining 2 teaspoons kosher salt to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-low. Cook 2 minutes or until garlic is golden, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle flour over pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add reserved 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid and milk to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in feta; cook 3 minutes or until feta begins to melt and sauce is slightly thickened. Add broccoli, pasta, and lemon rind; toss. Divide pasta mixture among 4 bowls; sprinkle evenly with black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon flaked salt.