- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 2 small ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg liquid aminos
- 8 cilantro sprigs
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 teaspoon aleppo or other coarse red pepper (optional)
- calories 429
- fat 22.7 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 13.5 g
- polyfat 2.9 g
- protein 42 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 124 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 569 mg
- calcium 46 mg
- sugars 3.9 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan (chicken will not be fully cooked).
Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Sprinkle avocados with coconut sugar. Add avocados, cut side down, to pan; cook 2 minutes or until charred. Remove avocados from pan. Add red onions; cook 3 minutes or until charred. Turn red onions; add green onions and poblano. Cook 3 minutes. Separate red onions into rings; toss with green onions and poblano. Stir in lime juice and liquid aminos. Nestle chicken and avocados into onion mixture. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 7 minutes or until chicken is done.
Remove pan from oven. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and aleppo pepper, if desired.