- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 (1-oz.) slices Canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup lower sodium pizza sauce (such as Rao’s)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- calories 141
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 3.6 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 390 mg
- calcium 82 mg
- sugars 8 g
- Est. Added Sugars 1 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to HIGH with oven rack 6 inches from heat.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Slice pineapple into 8 (1/2-inch) rounds. Using 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil, brush oil on both sides of pineapple rounds. Working in batches, place pineapple rounds on grill pan, and cook, 3 minutes on each side, until char marks appear. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
Place Canadian bacon slices on grill pan and cook, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until heated through. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a separate nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion and cook, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
Top each pineapple round with 1 tsp. cheese. Place 1 slice Canadian bacon on top of cheese. Top each with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top evenly with onion and black olives. Broil on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Sprinkle basil and crushed red pepper flakes evenly overtop.