- 6 (1-oz.) miniature whole-wheat pita rounds (such as Toufayan)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 6 ounces baby kale
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (such as Rao's)
- 2 1/2 ounces preshredded 2% reduced-fat Italian cheese blend (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- calories 349
- fat 18.7 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 8.3 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 571 mg
- calcium 210 mg
- sugars 4 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high with oven rack in middle position.
Split each pita in half horizontally to get 12 rounds. Arrange rounds, cut side up, on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until browned. Stir in kale; cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove pan from heat.
Spread about 2 teaspoons pizza sauce over each pita round; top evenly with kale mixture, cheeses, and tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted.