- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (from about 3 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 8 ounces refrigerated tortellini
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach (about 3 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 354
- fat 13.8 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 6.8 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 614 mg
- calcium 237 mg
- sugars 8 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Process basil, cheese, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; process until very finely chopped and fully combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as necessary. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium. Add leeks; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is just tender but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add chicken stock, and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a stockpot of boiling water 3 minutes less than package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Add tortellini, spinach, and peas to soup. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls. Top each serving with pesto, and sprinkle evenly with pepper.