- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 small shallots, peeled and cut into thin rings
- 2 (8-oz.) lobster tails
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-oz.) French bread baguette, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- calories 110
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 200 mg
- calcium 19 mg
- sugars 2 g
- Est. Added Sugars 1 g
How to Make It
Stir together vinegar, sugar, and crushed red pepper in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH until hot and sugar has melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shallots. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
Using a sharp knife, cut lobster tails in half lengthwise; coat flesh with cooking spray. Place lobster tails, flesh side down, on grill grates; grill, uncovered, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Turn lobster tails over, and grill, uncovered, until flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes. Remove from grill, and cool 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly coat bread with cooking spray. Cut each bread piece in half. Place bread, cut side down, on grill grate; grill, uncovered, until toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove meat from lobster tails, and chop. Discard shells. Stir together lobster meat, oil, tomato, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise on cut side of each bread piece; top evenly with lobster mixture and pickled shallot. Cut each bread piece into 5 slices.