- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and divided
- 3 ounces whole-grain bread, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- calories 208
- fat 14.5 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 8 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 190 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 404 mg
- calcium 103 mg
- sugars 2 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
1. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium. Add 1 anchovy fillet to pan; cook 30 seconds or until anchovy has melted into the oil, stirring frequently. Add bread to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and toasted on all sides, stirring occasionally. Place croutons in a bowl. Remove pan from heat (do not wipe out pan).
2. Finely chop remaining anchovy fillet. Add garlic to anchovy on cutting board; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mash with the side of a knife to form a paste. Combine garlic mixture, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, buttermilk, juice, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
3. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium. Crack eggs over pan; cook 3 minutes or until whites are set. Remove pan from heat.
4. Cut larger kale leaves in half crosswise (leave smaller leaves whole). Place kale in a large bowl; massage gently with your hands 1 minute or until slightly wilted. Drizzle half of buttermilk mixture over kale; toss. Divide kale mixture evenly among 6 plates; top evenly with croutons, Parmesan, remaining buttermilk mixture, and eggs. Sprinkle eggs evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.